Creative Ideas For An Evaluation Essay About An American Movie
It’s common for students to be assigned to write a review on a movie. Sometimes you may be required to read the book first, then watch the movie and then write an evaluation essay. That’s a lot of material to go through! But your professor expects a thorough and detailed analysis. So, it’s helpful to know exactly where to start.
Choosing an American movie means there is a good chance most people have seen it or at least heard of it. You can’t make anything up or pretend you know what you’re talking about if you haven’t really watched the movie. So it goes without saying that the most important first step is to watch the film, maybe several times, before you begin to write.
Common steps to writing your evaluation essay
- Study the source material well. Know more than just what the plot of the film is. Research some additional facts, such as production details, the background of the actors/actresses, budget, director and their previous work etc.
- Watch the movie the first time for pure entertainment. Watch it again while taking notes. This will help you to not forget details you may want to include in your evaluation essay. Write down your impressions, thoughts and feelings about what’s happening or what you wished was happening. You may need to pause, reverse, etc. in order to not miss anything.
- Create a thesis, claim, argument or interesting point you will use as a focus for your paper. This is important because you don’t want your paper to be simply a summary of the events that happened in the film. You want it to be an evaluation. You will be analyzing different aspects of it.
- Write an interesting and compelling introduction for your paper. This is the most important paragraph because it captivates the reader. If you can’t get their attention, they won’t want to read the rest of what you’ve written. It should also introduce the thesis or theme you are covering in your paper.
- Keep your writing fresh, original, entertaining and informative. The purpose of the evaluation essay is to analyze criteria, make judgments, and present the supporting evidence to the reader. Give them something to really think about. Don’t just skim the surface and cover the obvious.
- Create a real solid conclusion. Wrapping up a great evaluation with a solid conclusion leaves a good impression on the reader.
- Argumentative essay ideas
- Crafting a reflective paper
- Selecting a writing service
- Where to buy an essay
- Definition essay about racism
- 7 hints from professionals
- Custom writing agencies
- Freedom of speech essay topics
- Dealing with proposal papers
- College essay on video games
- Developing an essay
- Essay conclusion
- Getting professional help