Practical Tips On How To Write A Narrative Essay In Middle School
There is a difference between theory and practice. Theoretically, you can beat the Tennis great Roger Federer in three sets without conceding a game; i.e. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. You also know that is practically impossible. In fact, winning a match against him is a tough nut.
The practical wisdom
When you talk of middle school, practical wisdom suggests that you cannot expect the Sun from them. They hardly know how to express their imagination and in fact, how to think deeply since they have practically no acquired base to work their minds on.
Limitation of ideas
Thus, when you hand them a practical essay to write; you know you cannot expect The Scarlet Letter. Yes, a few students may be naturally gifted in conjuring a unique idea, but that is a different matter.
The helpful tips
What you can do is teach them to implement on their ideas and shape the narrative pieces in a refined and systematic manner. Here are the practical tips you can offer them –
- You should exhort them to start the piece with I (should be in the first line). The piece should naturally set afloat with a declaration that it is their story.
- You should request them not to be expository; if they are asked to write on how they fared when kidnapped; they should come across with the rate of kidnapping in the country. No facts and figures please!
- You should ask them to think of some wise events or sub-events and draft them. They can then intersperse those events in the piece, provided there is a relation.
- You should request them to go through a few middle school narrative write-ups to get a general and nascent idea. They will learn how to arouse curiosity and maintain the tempo in their limited spheres.
- You should suggest them to treat each paragraph differently so that uniqueness is built. They should emphasize on the Introduction and Conclusion. You may also give them examples of some witty and relatable writing prompts.
- You should command them to write a complete story; not an unfinished one. You should also imbue in them the art to abide by the word limit. Otherwise the narrative flow may outwit the word limit more often than not.
With time, they will understand how narrative essays are written and loved by one and all. An extremely important part of this is the choice of a stirring title which provokes them to think big.
- Argumentative essay ideas
- Crafting a reflective paper
- Selecting a writing service
- Where to buy an essay
- Definition essay about racism
- 7 hints from professionals
- Custom writing agencies
- Freedom of speech essay topics
- Dealing with proposal papers
- College essay on video games
- Developing an essay
- Essay conclusion
- Getting professional help