Academic Writing Tutorial: How Do You Start A Profile Essay
Academic writing is not easy for most of the students, and for good reasons. You have to use academic language, and to stay away from any expression that could be considered inappropriate. Besides, all the information that you get needs to be verified and correct from every perspective. To write an excellent profile essay, you need to choose a very interesting person to write about. When you don’t know how to start, follow this tutorial:
- Choose someone to interview. For this kind of essay, you need to interview someone and collect all the answers. Based on these answers, you will build the composition itself. This person can be anyone, from your sibling to a politician, depending on what your professor wants. In general, it’s better to choose someone interesting, that is known and admired by your classmates. How about a local celebrity or a very nice teacher from your school?
- Establish the questions. If you interview your subject and you don’t have a list of questions, everything will be chaotic. Make sure that your questions are not closed; he needs to be able to answer will more than “yes” or “no”. Ask them to tell you an interesting perspective, their personal opinion regarding a certain matter and so on.
- Do not change the answers. Even if you don’t agree with this person’s opinion about something, do not change it in any way. In the end, it is supposed to be a profile essay, not one based on your perspective. Write everything from an objective point of view, and do not discuss his beliefs in any way.
- Write the composition. This is where you really show your talent in writing. You need to take the material that you have and turn it into a great essay. You might want to reserve a few days only for this, because it is indeed the most important step. If you want, you can introduce some quotes in the text to make it more authentic and more interesting.
- Correct everything. The best thing to do when you reach to this step is to ask for feedback from the person that you write about. In this way you will know for sure that he is not offended by anything that you wrote, and he will notice any mistake that you could have made.
- Argumentative essay ideas
- Crafting a reflective paper
- Selecting a writing service
- Where to buy an essay
- Definition essay about racism
- 7 hints from professionals
- Custom writing agencies
- Freedom of speech essay topics
- Dealing with proposal papers
- College essay on video games
- Developing an essay
- Essay conclusion
- Getting professional help